Did you know?
Your foot is a highly complex structure composed of 52 bones, 66 joints, 214 ligaments and 38 muscles. This biological masterpiece is strong and flexible. Its functional design enables it to do its job well.
Your feet can be a mirror of your general health. Many medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, and nerve and circulation disorders show their first symptoms in the feet. Preventative foot health, therefore, has many benefits.
Simple Tips To Avoid Foot Problems:
- Wearing properly fitted shoes is essential; an astonishing number of people wear shoes that do not fit correctly.
- Shoes should be wide and deep enough in the toe area.
- Shoes should have a good retaining medium such as laces or Velcro straps.
- Shop for shoes in the afternoon; feet tend to swell during the day.
- Pantyhose or stockings should be the correct size and preferably free of seams.
- Walking is the best exercise for your feet.
- Never cut corns or calluses with a razor, pocket knife or other sharp instrument.
- Never soak feet in hot water. Wash feet using a mild soap, and test the water temperature with your hand or elbow.
- Apply emollient daily to your feet, avoiding the area between the toes.
- Don’t ignore foot pain. The health of your feet is critical to your mobility.
Information on this website is not intended as a substitute for professional health care.